Hang in There

If your life is anything like mine, it's been a crazy busy week! My life is nothing short of incredible...although quite ordinary compared to greats like Walt Disney or Abraham Lincoln! I'm a preacher's wife striving to live the life more abundant, a mother doing my best for my beautiful sons, a daughter who is an awful lot like her daddy, a wife who strives to be a domestic diva although I'm often more like a household hurricane, and a woman who is at times a frustrated perfectionist, a depressed optimist, a writer without her first novel complete (still!), and a dreamer whose dreams are often confused and wavering.

Often, it just seems that the day-to-day grind is not exactly what I bargained for when I joined the "adult" world. There's so much more on my bucket list than editing endless release notes and organizing dishes in my cabinets, but one pays the bills and the other keeps the house sane!

For those like me, today I say, "Hang in there!" I know the feeling that "there must be something more out there" myself but, hey, what else would we do with our days without all this mundane, piddly stuff?  

Ok, yeah, we could climb the Himalayas, 
   tour the south of France, 
      take a snooze on a beach in Hawaii, 
        ride the Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain at Disney World, 
retreat to a mountain cabin somewhere and roast marshmallows with our buds, 
   cure hunger and the water crisis in deepest Africa, 
      go on a safari (probably while doing the afore-mentioned curing), 
         visit the North Pole to settle once and for all whether or not there really is…a pole there (ah ha! You thought I was going to say something about Santa Clause, didn’t you?), 
   open a cute little cafĂ© in Mozambique, 
      fly over Niagara Falls in a hot air balloon (hey, it’s there…why not?), 
         join one of those ‘haunted house’ tours with those geiger counters and cool temperature gauges, 
start our own cooking/knitting/quilting/decorating show and become rich and famous, 
   walk atop the Great Wall of China, 
      make a chalk drawing on the sidewalk like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins and try to jump into it, 
         go deep sea fishing and count dolphins, 
cuddle up with your nearest and dearest, or…


Ok, maybe don’t answer the question asked earlier in such haste…the possibilities are endless! But…hey, se la vi! Have fun, don’t take anything too seriously, and make some time for you and those you love this week! That's about all you can do besides stacking your loose change in a jar in hopes of fulfilling one of these crazy, hair-brained schemes someday!

Popular Posts

Image

Stone's Folly